Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Exam 1.2 (Keen LAC4&6/Keen HLA 4&5) Prep

I showed you how to Make a Copy of any MSWord/GDocs I upload, namely the Keen HLA Review sheet for his textbook chapters. Remember that if you have great difficulty deciphering the primary sources (Keen LAC), you should use the Keen HLA Textbook as a backup. While the chapter numbers do not align perfectly, the Table of Contents and even a simple word search should help.

Share notes with one another if you feel it helps (collaboration is always a plus). If you have other questions, ask me tomorrow.  IF you have been paying attention in class, I have no doubt that you'll do fine on this exam. If you completed the Pre-Seminar Work BEFORE class on Monday, I emailed the responses to you. If you did NOT complete the work on time, you should have had your own responses sent to you. I’ll resend the link to ALL responses on Tues or Weds. DO NOT process ALL of the keywords in that Keen HLA Review Sheet - I covered the "testable" ones in our review! There are a couple of MC questions set aside to check for deep understanding of the primary courses (Keen LAC), so focus on knowing the material from Unit 02 (pages 135-187). I cut the Keen LAC 7 material from this exam, but we'll start with those readings Q2 (which begins with independence movements).

There are TWO (2) Exam Sections (Complete BOTH within the 50 minutes of the allotted time):

  1. Multiple Choice (MC) has 26 questions
  2. Short Answer (SA) has 4 Components with a total of 8 questions

I will make the exam LIVE on Weds at 8:30AM. You have to find a 55-minute block of time between then and Monday 11:59 PM in which to complete it. If you need additional time, by all means, take it, but make a note at the beginning of your response: (EXTRA)     This is so we all know how you would fare in a strictly-enforced timed test. Again, this type of exam is for you to develop some skills and me to see if you are trying. Beginning Q2, exams will be small group presentations!

We are asynchronous on Weds (please make sure you complete the Attendance Check-In!) and we still meet on Thurs/Fri! I will confirm that a Letter of Recommendation was uploaded on Weds. We should cover Seminar 1.9 Reparations expectations. I will also answer any Exam topic questions you may have lingering before you tackle it. I can also address any additional questions or concerns you have about this exam, extra credit, etc.

If you are having tech difficulties, contact the MPS IT Gurus - they can help! If you are freaking out over college application, the election, the pandemic, etc. ... BREATHE! Well, not on or around anyone else, but you know that by now, I hope. Things have a crazy way of working out. We sometimes don't get what we want, but other opportunities arise and I genuinely believe that 


No comments:

Post a Comment