Tuesday, September 15, 2020

A Rebirth

 A briefer brief! I have shared my slides & even my actual notes via GooClass. I promise that if/when done in-person, my lectures are much more engaging - and I will do my best to modify the what & how of such information dumps & processing in the future. 

As for the Renaissance, we are definitely looking forward to our own post-pandemic renaissance! The Europeans experienced some radical change over 200 years after a couple of centuries in stagnancy or decline. The power & influence of the church waxed & waned, so much so that it even splintered (again). Cultural shifts, paradigm shifts, even population shifts all occurred during and after this renaissance. The BIGGEST takeaway from this first lesson-of-the-week is the importance of sequencing when it comes to cause & effect. Do NOT focus on specific dates (unless I zero in on it) and focus on what precedes each event/decision. Consider alternative outcomes and even alternative initial decisions/actions. 

Please make sure you pick up your materials from WHS, read Zinn by Thurs/Fri, and plan&complete your "To-Do" items in ALL of your classes (but IBA should be #1, except for ToK). 

We have our first 55-min lessons tomorrow with a lesson on Aztec Sacrifice for history (I LOVE doing this one, but NOT having a live & in-person audience will continue to be weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment